Smile Passion Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What It Means to Be in This Project

4 posters

Go down

What It Means to Be in This Project Empty What It Means to Be in This Project

Post  Veri Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:53 pm

I sound like a whiny bitch here, but I really don't want this project to die. I do believe myself to be a lenient leader, but a few ground rules need to be set down.

1. BE ACTIVE
I think I need a full explanation about what this means because apparently not everyone really gets it. Be active means you are aware of upcoming singles and will check the forum at least once everyday for any updates. It means you will not suddenly disappear on me. It doesn't mean you have to be around all the time. It just means that if something comes up, you will have the courtesy to tell me about it. This is beneficial for both of us because then I won't have to worry if something bad happened to you and you won't be kicked out of this project for some minor misunderstanding. Not only that, if you disappear without a word, you would be holding everyone in the project back. Communication is key.

2. HAND IN LINES ON TIME.
Now, I don't expect you to be able to hand in your lines on time ALL the time. Emergencies come up and life happens. I'm okay with the fact that you'll need a cover once in a while as long as you tell me about it. It's not only courteous, it helps move the project along. Now I don't need to know the details of your emergency if you don't feel comfortable telling me, but it shouldn't be a lame excuse like "This song is too hard for me to learn." Learning a song is not difficult if you try, so I will not take that bs. If you simply have a lot of schoolwork or something similar, I will understand as long as you don't make it a habit. If you auditioned for this project, I will assume that you have enough time to take out 5-10 minutes out of your busy day to record a few lines. If you find you really cannot record for an extended period of time, simply go on a hiatus. I just don't want to be putting you in songs and then needing covers for you every time. There is a limit to how lenient I can be and I think you can understand where that limit is. Again, communication is key.

3. BE NICE TO OTHERS.
This should be a given. I will not tolerate anyone who blatantly insults members of this project because you believe you are superior to her. We all have different levels of abilities and I'll admit that some people are better than others, but instead of spreading negativity, you can put your skills to use and give advice to other people and encourage them to get better. Make sure your criticism is constructive, which means you tell the singers what you LIKE about their singing and then what you think they should improve on. Being nice also goes for the person on the receiving end of the criticism. If you disagree with the advice, you don't have to take it, but DO NOT get angry and then argue back. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions. If you do not like their advice, thank them anyway and don't take it. However, I do not encourage such behavior. It is beneficial to keep their advice in mind and try to improve on what they suggest. Try to be open-minded. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they aren't right, especially if the same advice is repeated by several people. This is how we improve.

4. CARE ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Also self-explanatory. I don't want anyone who doesn't care in this project and trust me, I will be able to tell. Even if you're silent and don't say anything, the attitudes of someone who cares and someone who doesn't are drastically different. You don't have to go on the forum and talk to us everyday, but there are little things you can do to show that you care. You can offer help or advice to others. You can listen to the releases and comment on them. You can suggest songs for future singles. If there is something you don't like about this project, I would rather you tell me about it than if you kept silent. It's better to try to sort out the problems rather than just leaving them be. Plus, I am completely open to new ideas, so don't hesitate to approach me! Once again, communication is key.

5. LASTLY, HAVE FUN! Smile
I shouldn't have to explain this, right? xD

Edit: 11.11.10
I didn't mention when I wrote this that I WILL ask people to redo their lines. Not too often, but if you completely miss a pitch or are extremely sharp/flat, it will be an instant redo. Another instant redo is if you mumble or mess up the lyrics really badly. I may also ask you to redo if your lines lack some energy or power. Do not be offended if I ask for redos. It just means I believe you can do better.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Veri
Veri
Admin

https://smilepassiondubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What It Means to Be in This Project Empty Re: What It Means to Be in This Project

Post  Risa Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:25 pm

GO LEADER GO. 8D

This is a great set of rules. Smile Especially the one on taking advice, very mature. With these, I have no doubt that we'll have a great project!
Risa
Risa

Back to top Go down

What It Means to Be in This Project Empty Re: What It Means to Be in This Project

Post  Veri Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm

LOL That's if people follow them xD
I know I lose control and forget all the rules sometimes. AHH bad D:
Veri
Veri
Admin

https://smilepassiondubs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimi Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 am

I agree! You have to have rules in order for a project to run smoothly and well. I've been in some that have just fallen apart...one more recently. So, I like it!
Kimi
Kimi

http://www.fictionpress.com/~txngal

Back to top Go down

Post  Juri Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Hai Leader-sama! *salutes*
Juri
Juri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down